Monday, October 21, 2013

From the Heart Stamps Sketch Challenge 39 - Hoppy Christmas

It's Monday, and time for another fun From the Heart Stamps Sketch Challenge!  The image I used for this card is Hoppy Christmas.  My daughter adores frogs, so guess whose Christmas card this is?  But shhhhh...don't tell her!  Thankfully she doesn't read my blog..."Boring" as she calls it, lol.  Hopefully she won't think the card is boring as this little frog is too adorable to be anything but fun and fabulous.

 
Sketch #39 looks good no matter which way you rotate it.  I've used it as drawn, but I've already got ideas for cards using the sketch with a quarter turn, half turn, and three quarters turn.


For this card, my recipe is:
Paper:  Bazzill cardstock, Echo Park Reflections Christmas (I used the digi version from Jessica Sprague's online shop)
Coloring Medium:  Copics
Other Supplies:  Queen and Co Berry Red Pearls, Quickutz holly die

Hope you play along with the design team at the From the Heart Stamps blog.  Remember, EVERYONE who enters will receive $1 credit to the From the Heart Stamps digital store.  Use it as a discount, or save the credits up to earn a free stamp.  Linky will close on Sunday at 10 pm CST.

Just a brief heads up...I won't be around much for awhile other than fulfilling my DT duties.  My husband's father is not well.  Family is arriving Wednesday and as of now, my time will be devoted to being there for my husband, hosting family, and doing whatever I can to help them through this difficult time.  Sorry I will not be visiting your blogs, but I feel certain you will understand.  I'll be back when I can.  Hugs to all.

9 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable, Tress! What a cute image and great design! So sorry to hear about your FIL. Family is the most important thing, so don't even worry about anything else. Keeping your whole family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute and colorful - a really fun Christmas card. I am so sorry to hear about your FIL Tress. Prayers for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter will be happy to have this fun card ! So adorable image, and love your papers !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Tress, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. Wishing the whole family comfort this week.
    Your daughter should love this card--it is a darling take on the sketch! Love the papers & embellishment! And that image is just adorable and beautifully colored! :^)
    Biggest hugs to you and yours, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is so cute. I know your daughter is going to love this card. I do. The papers are so pretty and love this new sketch. Your FIL is in our prayers. So sorry to hear this news. Will be thinking of all of you and keeping you in our prayers to. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your daughter is going to love this! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute froggy! Fab card!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Tress!! Gorgeously cute image, beautifully coloured and I love the text background especially - fab work :)
    Hope things have settled down for you.

    ReplyDelete