Monday, October 7, 2013

From the Heart Stamps Sketch Challenge 37

Happy Monday!  Did you have a fun weekend?  We had a quiet weekend with lots of football watching.  Mixed bag of winners and losers this week, so we had both happy and disappointing moments.  But life is good!  The humidity is beginning to ease, and the store shelves are stocked with holiday items.  Speaking of holidays...are you ready to see another Christmas card?

Today's card is my second as a new DT member for From the Heart Stamps!



The image is Seven Christmas Birds (so adorable and fun to color). 
 

And the sketch is no. 37 (versatile and easy to execute).



Do not be surprised if you see this image and this sketch again on my blog (not necessarily together in the same card).  After the image was colored with Copics, this card came together rather quickly.  A My Favorite Things die cut snowflake, that I glittered with Stickles, and a red pearl were all that was needed to complete the design.

Hope you play along with the design team at the From the Heart Stamps blog.  Remember, EVERYONE who enters will receive $1 credit to the From the Heart Stamps digital store.  Use it as a discount, or save the credits up to earn a free stamp.  Linky will close on Sunday at 10 pm CST.

Thank you for stopping by, and I'll see you on Friday for the Outlawz Friday Alcohol Markers Challenge!


11 comments:

  1. Love Christmas cards !! Love these birds, so nice creation, superb colouring my friend !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Tress. I have all of the fall images. Love what you did with this sketch and your beautiful coloring. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tress. I love these seven little birdies. They are so cute and I love the way you have colored them. Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Christmas card, Tress! Great coloring of that adorable image, love the snowflake with your pretty DP, and love your cool sentiment, too! :^)
    We went to our Cardinals' game on Sunday and were thrilled that they won! It may not have been pretty, but a win is a win is a win. :^)
    Hope you are having a great week so far.
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry got cut off as I had to go in for work. I wanted to tell you that I just love the colors that you have used on your card and you sure picked the perfect design for these singing sweeties. :O). Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tress, this is super cute. How did you make the sentiment banner ? Is that a die or handcut ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Imke! I printed the sketch. Next I traced the banner, scanned it, printed it in red, and handcut it.

      Delete
  7. Bravo!
    Lock & Participate!
    Challenge 6 on Crafting Musketeers
    http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/welcome-to-challenge-6-christmas-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love how you colored the image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh they are so super cute and I love this sketch, fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete