Tuesday, June 11, 2013

An Update to "Something Personal"

Tom passed away today.  Thank you for your prayers and support. 

My mother's note:

Dear Ones...this is to let you know that Tom passed away to a better, pain free place today about 20 after 12 at the hospital.  His daughter Chris, and granddaughter Karra, my daughter Theresa and her husband Greg were with me as we held his hand and waited as he went to join those who have passed before him.  He will be missed by those who loved him.  It is with great sorrow that we share this news but as you know Tom didn't want to ever be in a nursing home or to be a burden for us who were here to care for him.  In my heart of hearts I know he chose to leave us now rather than later.  The colon cancer was quite invasive and would have involved further treatments.  His granddaughters, Ashlee and Jackie were sad to have missed him before he died, but I told them he didn't want them to see him suffering...he wanted them to remember him as he was having fun with them while they grew up.  They are here now with me and I find their presence so comforting as we share our memories of all those good times. Love, Dee

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, Tress. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss and sorry for your mom's loss as well.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences, Tress. Thinking of you and your family.

    Big hugs
    Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to you and your family Tress, especially your Mom. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to hear this Tress. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart has gone out to you and your mom since I first read the news. I hope that your family is continuing to heal after the loss of Tom. Big hugs to all of you. ♥

    ReplyDelete