Thursday, May 30, 2013

Simply Betty May Challenge

I'm back!  And I've got a card ready to enter in the Simply Betty May Challenge.  Lilliana was a freebie gifted to anyone agreeing to play in the challenge.  Isn't she a beauty?  The challenge this month was to use the colors Orange, White, Yellow, and Black.  I sneaked a touch of gray in there for the rock and as highlights for the black, but gray is part of the black family, right?  Having a limited, assigned color palette truly was a challenge for me (how would I manage with no green, or blue, or pink).  However, I am tickled with the results!  I used my new Lorelai Outline leaf die, stamped on a sentiment (yes, I really did stamp it on rather than run it through the computer), added some black bling, and the card was complete.

 

7 comments:

  1. Fab card Tress! Wonderful colouring and that colour scheme really looks great the way you've used it - especially love her wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Tress! Love the color scheme and the image! Terrific coloring! I sent you an e-mail to the Yahoo e-mail address you used to join The Outlawz. If you didn't get it, can you e-mail me at cmsuto@aol.com?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "DEE"-lightful use of papers and colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully coloured Tress! I love this card! Now I gotta have her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowie!! Love your Awesome coloring on this little Sweetie!! Super color combo too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks just like a majestic monarch butterfly fairy in that color combo, very beautiful and quite striking! I'd say you hit this challenge out of the park my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background papers, beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete