Sunday, May 5, 2013

Daphne's Ride and My Big News!

Whoo Hoo!  I can finally share my secret with you!  I am a Sweet November Gal!  Each month, along with Amy Young (the talented artist of Sweet November Stamps), and Nancy Thomas (cardmaker extraordinaire), I'll be designing cards to showcase the Sweet November stamp release.  I've admired the skill and creativity of both of these ladies for several years, and I'm thrilled to be a part of the team!  Thank you Amy! 

On to today's card and the first of four May 2013 Sweet November Stamps, Daphne's Ride.  Fairwee Daphne looks positively giddy to be hitching a ride on her winged friend.  So, what better background than this brightly colored, happy Paper Studio paper entitled Fun Bugs?  The bugs on the paper look nearly as happy as Daphne!  Btw, you're getting a "twofer" today.  I couldn't decide on color choices for the image, so I colored two and made them both into cards.




Please stop by Amy's blog, A Thousand Sheets of Paper, and Nancy's blog, Creative Palette, to view their cards using Daphne's Ride.  This stamp along with the rest of the May release will be available at the All That Scraps Shop on May 6th.


21 comments:

  1. That paper was meant for that stamp!!!! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv your work, my choice is the second one.... the first one to me feels a wee bit dizzy with the circle line over the perpendicular lines....but that's just me with my bifocals...
    "DEE"-lighted with your coice of papers and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions are adorable - love your bright color palette. Welcome to Sweet November Tress- I look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Tress! Love both cards! The papers are so cute and happy and the image is adorable! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I love them both too, great idea on colouring her twice! Congratulations on your DT position :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow super news ! Congrats !!!
    Your card is happy, love this fun stamp !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are so pretty and the image is so lovely.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spring time theme. Colors are great. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being the newest DT of SNS. Amy is the Best!!! Your cards are Super Adorable too!!! Daphne is Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these cards! Your coloring is super and Daphne is a darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congrats on the new DT spot and totally well deserved with these 2 great showpieces! Love that little image and so cute with the fun backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your big news!!! YOur cards are absolutely gorgeous. Love the bug paper you have used and your colouring is divine!!! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tress. Congratulations on being part of Amy's wonderful designers. Amy is such a sweetheart, and like you I love seeing what she is coloring up. :O) I think that both of your cards are just adorable, and I love how you have shown off their wings with the glitter effect. Just too cute for words. It is so nice to meet you and I am sure I will be stalking your blog from now on. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! I'm so excited that you can finally share your new SN creations with everyone, both of which are positively amazing by the way! That bug paper just makes me smile and your coloring is fantastic... I'm envious of Daphne's shiny hair, LOL!
    So glad to have you on the team Tress, you are an amazing talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fantastic news, Tress! You are joining two talented ladies and I'm not surprised you are joining them! This is such a sweet card - love those papers and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute image! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful coloring.. Love your card..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on this big news! You're teaming up with two very awesome and talented ladies. Gorgeous debut with both cards and both colorings. The gittery wings are beautiful and pairing them up with that fun bug paper is awesome!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute--I like the papers and the glittery wings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now this is super cute Tress! Really fabulous choice of paper with this cutie!

    ReplyDelete