Tuesday, February 26, 2013

For You (#2)

I've been a huge fan of Bird's Cards, Free Digital Cutting Files, Digital Stamps, and More for quite awhile.  She has some AMAZING cut files on her website!  For those of you with an electronic cutting machine, you need to check out her stuff...you will not be disappointed!  Having limited space, I don't often drag out my Silhouette (yes, I know....bad crafter...), so when I do take the time to clear off my workspace and set up the machine, I like to cut multiple projects during the same cutting session.  I was cutting some bunnies for Easter cards and was wondering what else to cut (out of white card stock) when I remembered my stash of Bird's cutting files.  This rose pattern was so pretty, I had to try it.  Wasn't sure how I was going to assemble the card...use a digi stamp, stamp directly on the middle inset, add die cuts, use a sentiment, etc.  Hiding in my stack of recently colored images was this single rosebud.  Score!  While I had already penciled a circle around the image, I hadn't yet cut it.  After erasing the circle, I used a piece of acetate to determine where to cut a square around the image.  I stamped (yes, a real stamp, not digi, lol) a sentiment on the square, backed the square with coral card stock, added green card stock behind the cut out rose pattern, and the card was complete.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks lovely! Such a great cut file for the roses background and the single rose looks so wonderful in the middle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Such a Beautiful rose! You colored it up so Fabulously too! And what a super cut BG! Love this! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty Tress!

    ReplyDelete