Monday, January 21, 2013

Shy Valentine Nessa

Happy Monday!  Did you have a fun weekend?  Mine was full of activity and very enjoyable.

Shy Valentine Nessa from Mo's Digital Pencil graces today's card.  I loved coloring her hair, but the big heart...um...not so much.  Seems I need some additional practice coloring large flat areas...not sure how to give it some depth and interest.  Any ideas ladies?  And yes, I am truly asking for "constructive" criticism.  While I am happy with the card, I'd really like to improve the look of the heart for next time I color this image.  Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet, Tress! Love how you used the border punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cuuuute card, lovely image !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Sooo Adorable Tress! Lov her shiny hair and shiny shoes too! Fabulous coloring and love the dp's too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she is so adorable, I love the dp and the fabulous card design and yes, her hair looks awesome, fabulous coloring. Are you using copics? I am no expert, but I would have taken the darker pink beyond the lines and cast a shadow with R85, used R83 next to that and finished up the left upper corner and just a little below with R81. It is super cute regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I find reds and pinks so difficult to shade with and usually end up with too much of the dark stuff, I think just a touch more dark pink would work on the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Valentine, love the punched border on the mat!
    The way I color hearts is....ok, it is easier to show you than to tell you. Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJI8v2sKR20 :)

    ReplyDelete