Friday, January 25, 2013

Oh Darn Moment

Ever have one of those, "Oh, darn!" moments?  That's what happened to me with this card.  I was rocking along putting this card together when I made a rather big boo boo...my "Oh darn!" moment.  Rather than cutting a circle around the image, I cut an oval.  Oops!  Big brain cramp!  An oval just doesn't make sense here.  Now I could fussy cut her out entirely, but at the moment, I'm too lazy.  I suppose I'll put this card aside for a few days and see what I think and how I feel about it on Monday.  I'll post the card again if I make any changes.  Who knows, I may take her off the card and put her on an entirely new one.  I really like the image and the way I colored her and want to use her.  Btw, the image is Talullahbelle by Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.  I altered her a bit, by getting rid of the cones she had on her head.

 
Have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This image is superb in an oval frame !
    Your card is wonderful Tress, and superb colouring !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great in the oval! It gives the whole image a good length which balances out the placement (I think it's called 'the visual triangle' ) - anyway, it looks fabulous. I love the muted colour tones too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think the oval is fabulous, I love the dp and the die cuts you used with her, great design!

    ReplyDelete