Friday, August 24, 2012

Treats are a Brewing

Good morning!  Today I'm giving you and me a break from the Christmas cards.  Did I hear a collective "Whoo Hoo", lol?  Halloween is second only to Christmas for the number of cards I make, so get ready, next week you'll be seeing a few more of them.  A fair amount of digital work and paper piecing went into making this card.  The chevron patterned paper is from the Echo Park Digital Collection.  Yes, I have the "real" paper too, but I wanted a white background rather than cream (to coordinate with the moon) and I needed the print to be a tad smaller.  The bat paper I used to paper piece the little Pure Innocence witch's dress and hat is also a part of that digital collection.  The landscape of moon, tree, and bat came from an old Just So Scrappy digital Halloween kit.  I altered the sky from its original color to purple.  The cauldron is a digi freebie from last year (sorry I do not recall who designed it), that I digitally colored the brew and bubbles in shades of green.  The witch is adhered with pop dots to provide some dimension to the card.  Hmmmm...now that I am looking at the card again, I wonder...I should add a few more bats?


2 comments:

  1. Very cute card - sweet image and great combo of papers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tress! Just sneaking in a little blogging before my husband wakes up and my birthday party begins, lol!

    What a very sweet card! I love how you coloured her face in that light green and fab way to use the chevron paper to match her hat!

    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete